[squeak-dev] Squeak and Sound

Bruce O'Neel bruce.oneel at pckswarms.ch
Mon Jan 11 20:36:02 UTC 2021

Hi,

It seems that libpulse-dev only needs to be installed on the build machine.  That is quite logical, it is a dev package.  It also looks that pulse audio is picked by default, at least on new? linux versions.

I am unable to test on the PI.  I can't convince it to work with a bluetooth speaker so I guess I need a USB speaker.

I also notice that on the newest version of Raspberry PI OS seems not to get all the way through the build though there are no obvious errors.  it stops right after the ar of vm.a, and does not do the libtool parts.  Both the older PI 3 and the new PI 4 have the same packages installed after the installation but maybe a different base set.

I'll look more tomorrow.

cheers

bruce