[squeak-dev] Unix keyboard events lose track when multiple keys pressed or keys held down

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Jan 17 23:58:00 UTC 2021

I *might* have a sensible solution that will work with LC_ALL defined.

The problem has been that in x2sqKeyInput we  use XmbLookupString which cannot work with a key release. In x2sqKeyPlain we use XLookupString which *does* work with a key release.

So my suggestion is to make use of x2sqKeyPlain within the x2sqKeyInput (and probably the x2sqKeyCompositionInput too?) key release. It seems to work ok in a shell where

echo $LC_ALL
en_US.UTF-8

and the logging shows me that we are going through that route.

Attached the C file for comparison; note no change has been made to the x2sqKeyCompositionInput routine yet.