[squeak-dev] Cannot read 4.3 image on Raspberry Pi

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jan 18 23:34:12 UTC 2021

Hmph. In the hope of being helpful here I fired off a quick compile of a stack/v3 VM on my Pi (that image is non-spur, and we never did a v3/cog VM because it requires a set of specific instructions to occupy a number of bytes that is a prime number and smells of purple locknuts) BUT it won't actually build.

HOWEVER - you already have a decently suitable squeakvm installed on your Pi, left over from waaaay back when we weren't 100% sure of the newer Scratch system. So, in a terminal, try

squeak.old my.image &

and see if it works. On my Pi4 it starts up a vanilla 4.3 image straight away.

tim
"Bother" said Piglet, as Pooh smeared him in honey.