[squeak-dev] Unloading EToys from Squeak Image

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 10:36:01 UTC 2021

Hi Arjen

The instructions in
    http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2848
(Squeak 5.3)
worked for me some time ago.

1.
The main point before unloading is to reclassify some methods
currently belonging to Etoys to the general Squeak as they are needed
for Squeak to work.

2.
After reclassifying unloading of Etoys works.

3.
However some more fixes need to be done in order to have the remaining
code not call Etoys methods which are no longer there.

To all: the necessary fixes are all quite simple. However the steps
need to be checked also with the current trunk image. The fixes would
also be useful to be added to Squeak 5.3

HTH

Hannes