[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Morphic-ct.1718.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Jan 25 10:39:33 UTC 2021

Hi :-)

-1 for adding #skipOnceScrollSelectionIntoView this way

What's exactly the benefit of putting this extra effort into the implementation? Under which circumstances is that extra scrolling a distraction? What do you want to do after "select all"? For all that we know, it might be accidental in other systems. :-)

Yet, I do like "visual stability" for such interactions. Maybe we can find a better "rule" to achieve that. Or maybe we can establish a paramter to "selectFrom:to:". There is already "invisible selection". Maybe we can add "stableSelection"? Or something like that.

Best,
Marcel

P.S.: All these "skip once if"-blah rules with little to no benefits can quickly blow up the code base. ;-)