[squeak-dev] copyright (was: The Trunk: System-eem.1211.mcz)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Mon Jan 25 19:50:42 UTC 2021

Contributions from the Squeak community started in 1996. So much so that
the bulk of the relicensing effort was tracking down the individual
copyright owners for these early contributions and getting them to sign
a relicensing agreement to move from SqueakL to MIT.

Later on we got developer initials added to the system, but before
Squeak 2.0 contributions were sent this this list and then copy/pasted
by Dan Ingalls into the official image. While we asked these people to
relicense their code we did not ask them to reassign their copyright to
some other entity, so they are still the owners of those code fragments
(supposing they are still present in current Squeaks).

-- Jecel