[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Regex-Core-ct.61.mcz

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Jul 8 01:02:52 UTC 2021

Yeah, I know, once I created this horrible meme:

https://twitter.com/bpfn2020/status/1225431875923124225/photo/1

(This actually was in production for some time.)

But seriously, regex escaping is kind of a standard operation IMHO. We also already have #escapeHtmlText and others on String. There are legit use cases, but clients should definitely double-check whether their scenario actually requires escaping.

Best,

Christoph