[squeak-dev] Documenting the system

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Jul 16 17:14:57 UTC 2021

> On 2021-07-16, at 8:49 AM, Ron Teitelbaum <ron at usmedrec.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> Hope everyone is doing well.
>
> How do we document Squeak?

Don't forget the HelpBrowser. There are already some quite good pages in there and there should be a lot more. My suggestion would be that the HelpBrowser should include basic information and guides on how to use stuff - ie the sort of info that really doesn't fit well into class comment organisation - with pointers to more extensive doc on the Swiki.

We *could* make it possible to load that Swiki info directly, or we could include the 'start up a web browser on this link' stuff from the ScratchPlugin.

Obviously the key issue is getting people to write anything, anything at all, by way of documentation. It doesn't seem to be a popular hobby.

tim
USER ERROR: replace user and press any key to continue.