[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak Inbox Talk - bringing squeak-dev into your image

christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Jul 19 16:17:03 UTC 2021

Hi Bernhard,

thanks again for the bug report.

That was unfortunately an issue with our mail archive server at http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/. Thankfully, Tobias Pape has already fixed it. Apart from that, I now have made Squeak History a bit more robust at retrieving new messages anyway (see [1]).

> When I clicked on Beta Version > clear all caches another debugger opened with the message 'The author-key normalization is limited. Please run #deriveRulesForAuthorKeyNormalization.?
>
> I wonder what that is and why that happens? I am not sure how best to proceed.

Ouch, sorry! This was indeed a bug which I have fixed now [2], so if you install the latest updates again via the version button, it should not occur again. Until then you should be able to just abandon the debugger warning.

If any of you have further ideas or questions, please feel very free to tell me all of them! And thank you too for the positive feedback, Dave! :-)

Best,
Christoph

[1] https://github.com/hpi-swa/squeak-history/pull/8/commits/7a2f0f5b19951325522a1bf328c822e373bcecba
[2] https://github.com/hpi-swa-lab/squeak-inbox-talk/pull/47