[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Collections-ct.947.mcz

christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Jun 10 21:14:56 UTC 2021

Hi Levente,

> #sort: and #sorted: expect an argument which responds to #value:value: with a boolean, so both of those examples work if you don't send #asCompareSortFunction to the block.
>
> However, #asCompareSortFunction may be useful if you want to create chained sort functions. I'm not sure about the name though.

Ouch! I did not see the wood for the trees. :-) But yes, if you would like to, for example, invert the order of a compare sort block, the protocols would not match ... So I guess this would still be relevant.

Best,
Christoph