[squeak-dev] Unable to load class with pool dictionary using Monticello

christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Jun 15 22:11:14 UTC 2021

Hi Jakob,

> > > In other words, your shared pool should indeed be a class. It doesn'™t matter for using it, but it does matter for loading it reliably.
> >
> > Hmm, I am pretty sure that this would confuse Squot (which is also based on Monticello) ...
>
> Why do you think so? The fact that it is still based on Monticello in that regard would imply to me that the class as pool dictionary approach should be better there too.

Yeah, you are probably right. Just conceptually, it would feel a bit weird to me to see an empty class stub for every pool dictionary in my image.

@Tim: Sorry I missed your message! Same argument as above, if possible, I would like to avoid the ambivalency in my image.

Best,
Christoph