[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-eem.1367.mcz

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 17:05:37 UTC 2021

> On Mar 2, 2021, at 8:21 AM, Thiede, Christoph <Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
>

> Hi Eliot,
>

> then I think there is an issue with the argument name. In #callPrimitive:, for example, it is named more specifically, maybePrimFailToken. In #doPrimitive:method:receiver:args:, we may feed it with the result of #tryPrimitive:withArgs: which can be anything, not only a context or fail token.
>

> Here is a second example:
>

> Object subclass: #ContextHack
>
> instanceVariableNames: ''
> classVariableNames: ''
> poolDictionaries: ''
> category: 'CT-Experiments'.
> ContextHack class compile: 'isArray
> self error: #hacked'.
> ContextHack new class "through"

I still think that this is fuss over nothing.  Even if the system did keep running with a Context that answered true to isArray it would have to have a stack pointer of 2 and a first arg/temp that was the PrimFailToken.  You yourself complained of the performance of testing for the PrimFailToken.  isArray is faster than objectClass == Array. We haven’t seen any issues with this.  I suggest that if it ain’t broke we don’t fix it.