[squeak-dev] Removing the old pre-event-driven input polling input primitives

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Fri Mar 5 07:43:45 UTC 2021

Hi Eliot.

+1

Yes, I think that we do not need those primitives anymore. We re-implemented that event-peeking interface through primitive 94 so that MVC keeps on working. Since Etoys builds on top of Morphic, which is not affected at all, we should be fine. Even OLPCVirtualSensor should keep on working. Take a look at all those #peek* methods in EventSensor. Most of them are already an extension for *ST80 :-)

Go nuke those primitives. :-) Yet, we would not have any fallback code in #primGetNextEvent: anymore, which is kind of impossible anyway, right?

I can help you with adapting higher-level event code for mice with many buttons.

Best,
Marcel