[squeak-dev] [OT] some Squeak music

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Wed Mar 17 16:42:38 UTC 2021

> Impressive! As an outer world person I looked through the site but
> didn't find any Screenshots. *I'd like to see the UI you're working in,
> be it a lot of workspaces.* My UI usually is inspectors / explorers on
> Objects with messages I send to them. Sometimes just some buttons placed
> in the World. Making a GUI often is more than doubling the effort.

Attached:

P1.png shows the graph of song parts, each in a box, and an explorer
opened on the first of these boxes from where the composition final
tweaks are performed via plain code.

P2.png shows the contents of one of the boxes. The upper window is a
score editor with several melodic line generators, the bottom left
window is a projection playground which is the killer technology I am
proud to have invented about twenty years ago now, and where raw melodic
structures are generated, to be further processed by the above mentioned
melodic line generators.

So there is not a single UI, but instead multiple editors referencing
each other. The navigation is heavily driven by rich menus that can be
interactively destructured to yield buttons and sets of controls such as
the "prototype setting" sliders in P2.png.

But mostly it is a mess.

Stef