[squeak-dev] X Server implementation for Squeak

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Wed Mar 24 18:49:14 UTC 2021

just an interested question: Is there any X Server implementation for Squeak? I'm asking indeed not for an X Client implementation (I guess that is what sqUnixX11.c and the HostWindowPlugin implementation for Unix do) but for an X Server implementation,
 which could allow us to manage arbitrary Unix windows in our Squeak Morphic world. Is there already some solution like this? If not, anyone here who could make an estimation about the effort for this? :-)

Best,

Christoph

Hi Christoph,

I would love to have Morphic windows display in my X Window Manager as regular X windows--like XTerm, XEyes..etc. That is independently of the Morphic world.

Do you think this is doable?

cordially,