[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Kernel-jar.1399.mcz

Jaromir Matas m at jaromir.net
Mon May 3 12:40:47 UTC 2021

Actually, I guess the question can be reduced to:

Is

/[] on: Exception do: []/

only a shortcut for

/[] on: Exception do: [:ex | ex return] /

or are they two distinct structures?

If the answer is yes, we might even write:

handleSignal: exception
	"Sent to handler (on:do:) contexts only.
	Execute the handler action block"

	<primitive: 199>  "just a marker, fail and execute the following"
	exception privHandlerContext: self contextTag. "set exception's
handlerContext"
	self deactivateHandler. "Prevent re-entering the action block, unless it is
explicitely rearmed"
	[exception return: (self fireHandlerActionForSignal: exception)] ensure:
[self reactivateHandler]
	"return from exception's handlerContext if not otherwise directed in the
handler action block"

-----
^[^ Jaromir