[squeak-dev] Browser flash (was Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.1029.mcz)

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Fri May 7 19:02:13 UTC 2021

> On 7. May 2021, at 20:49, Jakob Reschke <jakres+squeak at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sounds like a good compromise, although I have no Mac to try how it
> feels. How does Apple teach this handling to its users, or do they
> gladly find out by accident?

I figured by accident and wrongdoing. Like, try to drag but select, wonder, try differntly, epiphany, never think about it again but use it daily.
also, newer touchpads have this click-throuhg, that when you click hard enough (like literally) it selects the whole word and brings up a pop up with a definition.
its neat.

> How complex would an implementation of
> such motion- and time-dependent drag handling be?

Not the slightest idea.

-t