[squeak-dev] The Inbox: KernelTests-jar.406.mcz

christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Fri May 28 22:05:43 UTC 2021

Hi Jaromir,

thanks for writing these tests! Just a few comments here:

- #testTerminateInEnsure uses underscore assignments. This is a deprecated syntax and apparently, in current Trunk images even disabled by default. Without turning on my #allowUnderscoreAsAssignment preference, I cannot even run the test in my image. Could you please convert this to modern `:=` assignments?

- Also, there is no guarantee that in #testTerminateInEnsure, process will not have completed earlier, is it? This totally depends on the speed & implementation of the VM. We don't want this test to fail when running on a NSA machine or on your coffee machine in 2050, do we? ;P Did you consider using semaphores instead? :-)

- #testTerminateInTerminate is very fancy. :D

Best,
Christoph