[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-eem.1786.mcz

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 21:51:03 UTC 2021

On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 1:00 PM tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> A related thing we had in BHH decades ago that was very useful, was a tag
> on a StandardSystemView that would make it appear in any project. It would
> have to be a bit cleverer these days, what with multiple project types, but
> still, probably useful.

Yes I liked that.  But Morphic provides Copy Morph to Clipboard and
Drag-and-Drop of Windows into Projects (which does a copy/paste).  So
Squeak has less need for this idea.  I find myself routinely copying
mophs.  I would prefer to be able to modify dragging into projects so that
the operation can be made to move.  e.g. shift-drag-and-drop might do a
move rather than a copy.  Some kind of hierarchy iew where all projects are
visible at once would be a very nice organisational tool.

--
best, Eliot