[squeak-dev] I wish I was sending this from Inbox Talk, but I cannot figure out how to do that

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Fri Nov 5 14:44:46 UTC 2021

Hi Jaromir

Thanks for the advice.

I tried both and they error out.

Something is missing on my end and I do not know what.

It is recieved at the zoho  with mailto:wm at tinker.menmachinesmaterials.com

where "wm" is my username on my workstation * and "tinker" is the name of the workstation behind my run-of-the-mill LinkSys router

Unfortunately, when I try to reply from Zoho to the mailto:wm at tinker.menmachinesmaterials.com I get  this:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error.

mailto:wm at tinker.menmachinesmaterials.com, ERROR CODE :512 - 5.4.4 DNS error:NXDOMAIN. Domain not found :tinker.menmachinesmaterials.com

I am not a sys-admin and those guys (you need one on any small team) can solve this stuff in a minute where it will take me days to begin to think correctly about the problem.

So, I let it slide. Then in a year or so, I try again, flail again, and turn to more important things.

To sum up...

something is sending mail out , correctly in my view. I assume this is "sendmail"

somthing is not recieving email coming in and routing it to my workstation...

I have tried allowing SMTP and POP3 on my Linksys and pointing to my workstation, but that is clearly not working no matter how many blind-flails I do.

I imagine I need to set up either (?) smtp on my workstation or POP3(?) on it and then the router will route "something" that way.

As you can see, my clarity is non-existent on this . Maybe next year...(:

*Longtime username. Back in the day, I would have different logins for different XWindow managers. "wm" is for WindowMaker   , "bb" is for BlackBox, "e" is for Enlightenment...  so it stuck. it is easy to type 'wm"