[squeak-dev] Trunk...should I load System.spur?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Nov 5 15:20:47 UTC 2021

On Fri, Nov 05, 2021 at 10:57:23AM -0400, gettimothy via Squeak-dev wrote:
> Hi folks
>

> I update Squeak through monticello because of XML package conflicts.
>

> I just noticed System.spur which is not "underlined", which I think means "not installed in the image"
>

> Do I need this? Will it help? will it blow things up?

No, this is an older branch of the System package that was used during
the conversion to Spur. You can look at the System.spur package history
to see what was going on back then, but basically if you load one of
those old versions it will make a mess of things. Try it in a temporary
image just for fun, but I expect it will blow things up in a big way :-)

Dave