[squeak-dev] I wish I was sending this from Inbox Talk, but I cannot figure out how to do that

mail at jaromir.net mail at jaromir.net
Sun Nov 7 20:35:01 UTC 2021

Hi Christoph, Timothy,
Thanks! I tried enabling "access to less secure apps" and it worked indeed; so it's a google (or other provider's) security "feature" to block connections they decide to consider less secure :)
Unfortunately google will ignore the "deliverMailFrom" address and will supply your "username" email address as the sender.

SMTPClient
	deliverMailFrom: 'google_ignores_this at whatever.net'
	to: {'a_recipient at somewhere.net'}
	text: 'Hello gmail'