[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeaker: Like Docker, but for Squeak. You know, for kids.

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com
Thu Nov 18 10:50:05 UTC 2021

Heh! Yeah, it could be done from a Squeak with OSProcess loaded. (Part
of why I picked chunks as the Squeakerfile format...)

The utility of docker containers is that they can be wired together. We
don't have a good story for wiring together Smalltalk images yet. Weird,
huh?

So yeah, not until there's some way of *talking* to a running image that
doesn't involve *being inside it* will there be much use to an image
library, or a squeaker-compose-like thing...

Cheers,
   Tony