[squeak-dev] updating a 5.2 image breaks because of MCConfiguration>>#log

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Nov 20 18:47:31 UTC 2021

For reasons, I just tried updating an old 5.2-18229 image (actually I thought it was a 5.3 image, but that's by the by) and it fails because MCConfiguration>>#log sends #openIfNone to TranscriptStream. Which doesn't understand.

So far as I can see it was a change in MonticelloConfigurations-dtl.161 that added the newer version MCConfiguration>>#log but unfortunately there is nothing that adds the new #openIfNone preceeding that. I suppose it's not really worth worrying about much but if it's easily fixable it might save some frustration for some unsuspecting user of an old system.

tim
Hyperbole totally rips into this insane bar and absolutely destroys everything.