[squeak-dev] Merge Request: defaultFocusMorph.cs

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue Nov 23 09:43:39 UTC 2021

Okay. See Morphic-mt.1799 in Trunk.

Best,
Marcel

Am 22.11.2021 19:22:37 schrieb Thiede, Christoph <christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>:
Hi Marcel,

thanks again for reviewing and merging this!

> Adds and uses breadth-first search for submorph lookup because it matches the natural way widgets are organized in a window. The existing depth-first in #allMorphsDo: might take surprising paths.

I keep finding some tools where this heuristic is not yet good enough. For example, in the Monticello Browser, I would expect the package list on the left to be focused by default, but instead, the repository list on the right is focused. What would you think about a strategy that orders all descendant morphs by their natural reading order and always chooses the left-most from the first row (#x ascending , #y ascending)? Or would you prefer to specify this information in the relevant toolbuilder methods instead?

Best,
Christoph