[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeaker: Like Docker, but for Squeak. You know, for kids.

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Nov 24 18:12:26 UTC 2021

> On 2021-11-23, at 10:15 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > So yeah, not until there's some way of *talking* to a running image that doesn't involve *being inside it* will there be much use to an image library, or a squeaker-compose-like thing...
>
> There are already a few ways:
> - command-line arguments
> - reading from stdin
> - drop events/launch events
> - reading (eg an ini) file(s)
> - a socket server
>
>    - trapping and responding to Linux "kill" signals

MQTT (https://mqtt.org and http://www.squeaksource.com/MQTTClient.html) and which I hope to
a) update to the latest v5 standard soon
b) merge in the full broker capabilities that John McIntosh added

Cute side-note. As far as Andy Stafford-Clark & I can work out, he had the same office at the IBM UK Scientific Centre that I had some years prior.

tim
Strange OpCodes: CMN: Convert to Mayan Numerals