[squeak-dev] Separate documentation (was: Default preferences)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Nov 28 04:29:47 UTC 2021

> On 2021-11-27, at 2:56 PM, Thiede, Christoph <Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
>
> But IMHO separate help documents should be used with caution - in my experience, they are looked up significantly rarer than help content that is integrated right into the domain (method comments, class comments, tooltips, maybe help buttons).

Something that would probably help here is making sure that when a class (or group of classes etc) has a HelpBrowser section, we reference that Help stuff from the class(es) & method comments. We have the ability to link a bit of text to class comments, definitions, methods and so on, so maybe we could add one to a HelpBrowser section?

Hmm, a few minutes whacking suggests that a simple subclass of TextAction would do the job, along with a bit more understanding of the right way to open a help browser on a suitable topic. Maybe tomorrow.

tim
Objects are closer than they appear.