[squeak-dev] Can I create a 75 Gb Image? (about those post-build stats)

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Thu Oct 21 17:46:52 UTC 2021

Also...

Those snippets are modelled on stuff from  the SAXHandler class comment.

I recall trying to create a ReadStream on the file, but I kept getting those FS errors...maybe I should retry?

---- On Thu, 21 Oct 2021 13:13:44 -0400 Levente Uzonyi <leves at caesar.elte.hu> wrote ----

Hi Tim,

On Thu, 21 Oct 2021, gettimothy wrote:

> Thx Levente.
>

> Should I attempt to fix this? How should it be approached?
>
> I have only a dim idea what "read buffering is" (file access is slow, so get a lot of data, at a certain threshold, asynchonously refill the buffer?).
>
> Is there an existing Stream that implemts it?
>
> Should I take the guts of that and put it in FSReadStream?

What is the snippet you execute to parse the documents?

(I loaded Monty's XML parser and checking the code makes me think
that you create an FSReadStream not Monty's code).

Levente