[squeak-dev] Metacello, Baselines, and Git

Eric Gade eric.gade at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 20:48:16 UTC 2021

Hi All,

I'm trying to load a Git project I have that is hosted on a private GitLab
host and am running into some trouble.

When I try the following in a Workspace:

```
Metacello new
     repository: '
https://source.mnt.re/darth-cheney/squeak-reform-tools.git/';
     baseline: 'Reform';
     load.
```
I am getting inscrutable Metacello errors. I have tried to step through and
debug what's going on but this part of things is inscrutable to me (I can't
even find where the remote request is being made).

Unless I have really messed this up, I think that my Baseline is configured
correctly:
https://source.mnt.re/darth-cheney/squeak-reform-tools/-/blob/main/BaselineOfReform.package/BaselineOfReform.class/instance/baseline..st

One issue that might be tripping this up is that this particular GitLab
server uses `main` instead of `master`. I don't have any other branches in
the repository, however. Should I have to manually specify the main branch
when loading, and, if so, how do I go about doing that?

Thanks for any hints,

--
Eric