[squeak-dev] Monticello automated duplication repository thing

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 23:46:32 UTC 2021

Hi Tim,

I assume you keep your local copies of repositories which you work on.  For
those you don't, the package-cache is your automatic backup for unexpected
failures and/or offline work.  Propagation of versions to other
repositories is probably best done selectively, therefore manually, based
on the purpose of that repository (for example, you may want only release
versions out on squeaksource.com instead of all versions).  You could
probably easily engineer saving to a MCRepositoryGroup, but if you think
you want every single Version replicated in another repository -- that
sounds like backup, and so a real and actual backup solution might be what
you _really_ want.

 - Chris