[squeak-dev] Deprecating #ifNotNilDo: & friends

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Fri Sep 10 13:59:14 UTC 2021

Hmm... it might be possible to add such a rule to SwaLint:
https://github.com/HPI-SWA-Teaching/SwaLint [https://github.com/HPI-SWA-Teaching/SwaLint]

Best,
Marcel
Am 10.09.2021 14:28:57 schrieb Levente Uzonyi <leves at caesar.elte.hu>:
On Fri, 10 Sep 2021, Marcel Taeumel wrote:

> A simple compiler warning in the Transcript might work. Like we have for Undeclared and shadowed variables ... maybe simple blacklist of "iconic" selectors such as #ifNotNilDo: ...

That would be a good start but I was thinking something more about a
linter-like tool for deprecated/undeclared/undefined stuff. :)

Levente