[squeak-dev] Monticello help request

Jakob Reschke jakres+squeak at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 13:37:43 UTC 2021

Hi Timothy,

While Monticello can express package dependencies, hardly anybody uses
the feature (see attachment for a screenshot).

You can provide a Monticello configuration map (Tools > Monticello
Configurations), which also includes versions of the dependency
packages.

Or write a Metacello configuration. Metacello will resolve and
download the dependencies and their transitive dependencies when your
project is loaded into the image.
https://github.com/metacello/metacello (hints at documentation are
given in the readme).

Finally, you can publish your project on SqueakMap with a plain
installation script in which you can/must also care for the
dependencies.

Kind regards,
Jakob