[squeak-dev] XMLNode (not the toba version, , , the monty version) canonicallyPrintTofLineNamed: 'foo.xml' not working on squeak

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sun Sep 19 18:53:08 UTC 2021

Hi folks

just an FYI for the maintainers if they have time and inclination.

 Its an easy workaround, but I thought I would bring it to the board's attention.

XMLNode  >> canonicallyPrintToFileNamed: aFileName

"Prints to the file aFileName as canonical XML (http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-c14n)"

and its cousins prettyPrintToFileNamed: and printToFileNamed:   throw a XMLFileException: (MessageNotUnderstood) ByteString>>asFileReference  .

The workaround is straightforward with

|ios|

ios := ReadWSriteStream on:''.

self canonicallyPrintOn: ios.

StandardFileStream forceNewFileNamed: 'dude.xml' do:[:file | file nextPutAll: ios contents].

cheers.