[squeak-dev] [ANN] Modern OpenGL & GLFW for Squeak

Stephan Lutz dev at stlutz.net
Fri Sep 24 13:16:30 UTC 2021

Hey all,

I've been working on hardware-accelerated graphics in Squeak for a bit
now and wanted to share some of the projects I've been using to get
current OpenGL versions running in Squeak trunk.

    https://github.com/hpi-swa-lab/squeak-graphics-opengl/tree/main/OpenGL
    <https://github.com/hpi-swa-lab/squeak-graphics-opengl/tree/main/OpenGL>
    https://github.com/hpi-swa-lab/squeak-graphics-opengl/tree/main/GLFW
    <https://github.com/hpi-swa-lab/squeak-graphics-opengl/tree/main/GLFW>

I'd consider these two projects mostly complete and hopefully stable, so
feel free to try them out.
You can find most of the interesting details in the READMEs (and class
comments), so I'll hold myself back from repeating them here.
If you have any questions, remarks or ideas pop me a message, create an
issue or just answer this thread :)

Cheers
Stephan