[squeak-dev] Manual line breaks in code

Lauren Pullen drurowin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 17:22:56 UTC 2022

Hi Christoph,

On 4/1/22 16:35, christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de wrote:
>> My proposal is to not include the documentation in a comment at all.
>
> I think you are neglecting comments in the midst of any method, which occur pretty frequently in Squeak and are an important part of Smalltalk programming IMHO. :)
(I knew I should have put that in!  :)

I'm all for putting comments inside the method.  I just think there's a
distinction between the user documentation and inlined notes.  An
inlined note is a string that gets thrown away by the parser but
otherwise appears exactly as written.  User documentation is text and
gets formatted by the user's preferences.