[squeak-dev] Faster window drag for Morphic

Tim Johnson digit at sonic.net
Mon Apr 4 14:58:56 UTC 2022

Thanks Marcel and Tim.

Do ToolBuilder / SystemWindow / PluggableXYZ / Browser morphs typically
contain PasteUpMorphs and other worlds, though?  I haven't seen that in my
own explorations.  Maybe with Connectors installed, and other packages
that use custom "code holder" views...?

Is it possible for a SystemWindow / Browser to just ask its own child
morphs / embedded panes under the Hand if they want the drop?

I see the comments in the method about 'unlocking' the window... is
'unlocking' necessary to query child morphs?  I wonder if the Morphic
menu option of 'allow embedding' (sorry, don't have it in front of me
right now) could come into play here, possibly.

I realize that dragging certain morphs onto Browsers is a standard use
case:  I like using the feature of dragging-and-dropping a CompiledMethod
morph from one Browser to another, for example.  But dragging Inspectors
and Browsers over other Inspectors and Browsers should not trigger an
entire refresh of those windows unless truly necessary, IMHO.

Speaking of other worlds:  I remember when collapsed Project morphs were
fixed to once again allow dropping windows & morphs into them, to
'transport' that morph into other Projects.  I think this might have been
part of that fix.  I still really enjoy that feature.

Tim