[squeak-dev] Bug in trunk? 'select all' in Workspace, line counting issue?

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue Apr 12 13:32:38 UTC 2022

Wohoo! You can reproduce that bug. Thanks! It is related to paragraph re-composition. Now I can finally debug it. Thanks! :-)

Best,
Marcel
Am 12.04.2022 01:47:57 schrieb Tim Johnson <digit at sonic.net>:
Hi all,

Just noticed something wrong in Workspace in Squeak6.0alpha-21580-64bit (2022-04-09)...

Enter four lines in Workspace, with a trailing carriage return.  Do a select all.  All lines are selected.

then press some key to make it unselected  (say, cursor down arrow key)

then go back and delete the second line (I use arrow keys and then Shift-down and then backspace)

then do a Select-all again ... if your situation is like mine, the last line will not be part of the range selected...

I tested this on two images: one which I customized the preferences to my liking, as well as a fresh one where I just clicked "Skip" for the configuration wizard...

Can someone verify?

Are we filing bugs on GitHub now?  I might still have my Mantis login if needed... :)

Tim