[squeak-dev] Someone fixed SqueakMap package loading (thank you!)

Tim Johnson digit at sonic.net
Thu Apr 28 04:24:30 UTC 2022

Hi all,

As recently as 6.0-21580, I had trouble loading packages from SqueakMap.  They'd throw an error like:

This could be triggered by evaluating e.g.:

#( 'JSON' ) do: [:pkg | Installer squeakmap package: pkg; install].

whereas the following would work without error:

#( 'JSON-tonyg.39.mcz' ) do:
[:each| (Installer repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/JSON <http://www.squeaksource.com/JSON>') install: each ]

In 21644, this is no longer an issue.  I can also load e.g. Plot Morph from SqueakMap's UI without problem... whereas it used to throw this error.

So:  "thank you" to those who fixed this!

Thanks & thanks!
Tim