[squeak-dev] FFI windows API examples

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 12:43:55 UTC 2022

Hi all,
in recent FFI, I tried to evaluate the example in Win32Window comment.
I would expect (Win32Window getFocus) to return an instance of Win32Window.
But it returns a (Small)Integer.
Using (Win32Window new value: Win32Window getFocus) as a workaround does
not work either, we cannot send getDC to it, because Win32Window new
returns an instance of Win32Handle, not Win32Window... Because externalType
has not been (*auto)generated for subclasses of Win32Handle... Probably
because they have no (MC) method definition recognized as
isExternalStructureFieldDefinition...
How to make simple examples like this work?

Nicolas