[squeak-dev] Some notes about porting muO to 6.0

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Thu Aug 25 11:29:48 UTC 2022

>> The scale factor was by default initialized to 0.75 which made
>> everything tiny; in 5.3 it was 1.0.
>
> Hmm... What's the platform you are working on? This should never happen
> in 6.0. 75% is a special case that must be selected by the user. It is
> never used automatically...

Windows 8.1.

Yes, I can see it is 1.0 in a fresh image. And maybe it was 1.75, not
0.75 - in fact I do not remember the exact circonstances in which that
came up, just that I wrote it down for reference, and also for a while
had hardcoded its value to 1.0, but then reverted that change back.

I'm afraid my way of coding and debugging is very, very messy:)

So I guess you can just ignore that. That's a problem I had, that I do
not have any more, and that may be very specific to the various hacks in
muO.

Stef