[squeak-dev] Dead primitive 103 makes scrolling truetype fonts very, very slow. Let's get rid of it

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Thu Feb 17 11:33:30 UTC 2022

Nevermind. The primitive 103 fails for TTCFont (200%) but not for StrikeFont (125%). Yet, the only performance issues I noticed where from a too small GlyphCacheSize.

Best,
Marcel
Am 17.02.2022 12:27:54 schrieb Tony Garnock-Jones <tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com>:
On 2/17/22 12:15, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> I just checked. Primitive 103 does not fail for me. I added this:

Interesting. I didn't actually *check* that it was failing, I just
assumed based on the drastic speedup I got by commenting it out!

I'll put it back in, but it's quite possible that my other changes to
avoid gratuitous relayouting will make it no longer very important. Hmm.
We'll see.

Tony