[squeak-dev] [ANN] TouchScrolling

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com
Thu Feb 17 11:50:57 UTC 2022

On 2/17/22 12:45, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> We could modify this a bit to generate touch events directly upstream in
> HandMorph. Then all morphs could benefit from it. :-O

Yes, that'd be cool. I'm not confident I understand what changes might
be needed to the event hierarchy, though. I have one immediate use for
panning support in a non-ScrollPane: my TiledMaps package. At present,
it does the panning itself. It'd be nice to add pinch-zoom somewhere, too.

In my cellphone work, I've been presenting touch events to the image as
mouse events from a transient Hand that lasts only as long as the touch.
So each finger touching the screen gets its own Hand; there are no hover
events; and mouseDown/mouseUp correspond to touch/release. I was
surprised at how well it works :-)

Cheers,
   Tony