[squeak-dev] GitHub & repository organisation (was: FileStreams Limit)

Jakob Reschke jakres+squeak at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 16:37:47 UTC 2022

Hi,

Am Sa., 19. Feb. 2022 um 13:28 Uhr schrieb Bernhard Pieber
<bernhard at pieber.com>:

> I personally prefer that all discussions take place on the mailing list. I don’t like the fragmentation if discussions happen in too many places. E.g. I found your conversation about the crash very interesting. I probably would not have noticed the discussion if it had taken place in a GitHub issue. For issues which are not immediately solvable the GitHub issue tracker is very useful, though.

For the opensmalltalk-vm GitHub repository, all messages are
automatically forwarded to the vm-dev mailing list.
So if there were an official GitHub repository to track issues in the
Squeak Trunk, it would be possible to have both.

Kind regards,
Jakob