[squeak-dev] MCMergeBrowser has broken diffs

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 05:02:06 UTC 2022

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 1:02 AM Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>
wrote:

> Hi Eliot --
>
> No worries. Do you have a quick idea on what might have caused the
> confusion? Could the UI be more specific/explanatory in some regard?

Yes, but it would probably be equivalent to a general AI. The issue is
being able to identify method moves through a hierarchy.  I think this is a
hard problem.  So while it's theoretically possible, I don't think it's
affordable to improve upon with current computational and engineering
resources :-)

--
best, Eliot