[squeak-dev] bad MessageTrace regression (was: The Trunk: Morphic-mt.1652.mcz)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 00:40:38 UTC 2022

Hi Marcel,

I'm doing some testing in trunk and just noticed this.  When selecting a
message in the code pane and browsing senders, **it must always spawn a new
MessageTrace** instead of mangling the to the list at the top.

The trace at the top is supposed to represent execution flow between the
messages in the list, and NOT different random messages that derail the
trace and make it a complete mess.

I also noticed this has been backported to 5.3.

 - Chris