[squeak-dev] bad MessageTrace regression (was: The Trunk: Morphic-mt.1652.mcz)

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Jan 10 10:17:39 UTC 2022

Hi Chris --

Aha. Well, these TextEditor changes are obviously in no direct relationship with the MessageTrace tool. An indirection through the model instead a global call to #systemNavigation are *always* favorable since more expressive and configurable. A custom model such as MessageTrace should be able to easily provide the desired behavior.

You inbox suggestions via Morphic-cmm.1838 and 1839 are therefore not acceptable. I will try to solve this issue in MessageTrace directly.

Best,
Marcel

P.S.: Your definition of "execution flow" is somewhat brittle since there are is no dynamic trace data involved. You rely on static analysis only. :-)