[squeak-dev] bad MessageTrace regression (was: The Trunk: Morphic-mt.1652.mcz)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 23:13:37 UTC 2022

> P.S.: Your definition of "execution flow" is somewhat brittle since there
> are is no dynamic trace data involved. You rely on static analysis only. :-)

True.  MessageTrace was never intended to perform dynamic analysis but it
*is* aware of that issue by providing easy gestures for the user to quickly
trim the unwanted extras (specifically, a quick Cmd+Shift+I to "invert" the
selection at the selected level, followed by Cmd+d, is very helpful).

That would be cool if it could do dynamic analysis as an option, though..
 :)