[squeak-dev] Building Squeak 5.3 on FreeBSD

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Jan 12 13:45:17 UTC 2022

Hi Edwin --

> It looks this happened during the execution of testOutOfMemorySignal.

We should really disable this test in its current form ... it has issues on all platforms.

Best,
Marcel
Am 10.01.2022 06:31:05 schrieb Edwin Ancaer <eancaer at gmail.com>:
Hello,

Some time ago, begin 2020, I managed to build a Squeak 5.0 VM on FreeBSD, based on the sources in the opensmalltalk-vm github repository.
I remember having some difficulties, on the way, but everything got solved, and I still have that version working.

Right now, I built linux64x64  Squeak 5.3 cog spur VM on FreeBSD. There were no compilation errors, no linker errors, So I started squeak, started running the tests in TestRunner, and got the following

[edwin at ottopedi ~/Smalltalk53/opensmalltalk-vm/building/linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/build]$ ./squeak ../../../../image/Squeak5.3-19431-64bit.image
Killed
[edwin at ottopedi ~/Smalltalk53/opensmalltalk-vm/building/linux64x64/squeak.cog.spur/build]$

It looks this happened during the execution of testOutOfMemorySignal.

Are other people here using Squeak 5.3 on FreeBSD?

Should I still build the linux64x64 version for FreeBSD, and, if so, any idea how to find out what is going wrong?

Kind regards,

Edwin Ancaer