[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-ct.1843.mcz

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Jan 12 14:03:41 UTC 2022

> That's not the process of testing a new release build. ;-)

Then my proposal would be to revise this process. Lazy, explicit initialization sounds easier to me than downloading a new image, at least for this particular aspect of default preference values.

User A "I don't care" has never changed the preference and would automatically receive all preference recommendations.

User B "I do care" has explicitly changed the preference and would not be disturbed by a new preference recommendation that we publish via the update stream.

What's wrong with this? :-)

> I assume that you did add an update-map entry already? Then it's too late. If not, sure, revert it.

No, I did not yet create an entry in the update map.

Best,
Christoph