[squeak-dev] Do we need to provide the mirror primitive on Context (only)?

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Jan 13 23:43:33 UTC 2022

Hi Eliot,

thank you for the reply! :-)

Just one follow-up question: If you say the mirror primitives should actually not be used outside of simulation, what would in your eyes be the right way to implement tools like the basic inspector, which does not want to follow any proxy redirections, too? As I can see it, the only alternative to using mirror primitives in this case would be a special protocol on ProtoObject ("#noMirrorClass", "#noMirrorEqeq:", etc.) which connects to the normal primitives. But this would come with the disadvantage of an unclean ProtoObject protocol, so it does not appear desirable to me either. It's a tricky design problem ...

Best,

Christoph